All department managers need a basic understanding of corporate finance. It makes them sharper and more focused on the bottom line. Yet many are missing this essential management skill.
Tim Owens, President of Cronin, presents general accounting principles, how the telco makes money and the cost of doing business in a regulated, but competitive environment.
- How to read financial reports: operating statements and balance sheets.
- The big 10 financial metrics: EBITDA, depreciation and amortization, ARPU, CPGA, CAGR, churn, return-on-investment, debt-to-equity, cash flow, operating and net income.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- The role of the FCC and the impact of ICC and USF reform.
- The role of NECA: settlements, cost studies, revenue pooling and more.
- The role of USAC: universal service funds and high-cost programs.